This meme is inspired by three things:
- You guys have been asking for more interactive content, and I LOVE interactive content
- I also love the book blogging community and finding people I have stuff in common with
- I used to be on livejournal and friending memes were fairly common over there
SO. This might be common in the “regular” blogosphere as well, but I’ve mostly seen it in fandom-related contexts. Even if someone else has done it, it’s not like one more is going to hurt. I’m not very active in the fandom community anymore, but I MISS all the fun comment fests, which is why I decided to start one myself. Without further ado, I bring you…
…The Blogger Friending Meme!
One of the best things about blogging is the interaction with other like-minded people. This meme is to actually find them and connect with them, so you can share your excitement. I’m most active in the book blogging community, but this is for every blogger who wants to participate. Here is how it works:
- Fill out the form below and post it as a comment. You can skip questions you don’t feel comfortable with, or add your own.
- Check out other people’s comments and reply to them if you feel like you have stuff in common. Check out their blogs and/or social media links!
- You can participate if you’re a blog reader and don’t have a blog, but it probably helps if you have some sort of social media presence, so people can connect with you.
- The number one rule of the internet obviously still applies: don’t be a jerk.
- Remember to check back to see more comments!
Before you go off and do your merry mingling: share that ish, tweet that ish, blog about that ish. This is only going to work if people know about it and participate, so make sure to get the word out. :)
Alright, I’ll start. LET’S HAVE A BLOG PARTY, PEOPLE!