Aloha amig@s de libros! (yes, you may hit me for that)
I hope this post finds you feeling well and spooky. It’s been three weeks since I’ve done one of these, so have a non-comprehensive list of things that happened since then
- My internship ended, and a new semester at uni started
- I went to Newcastle for a couple of days last week! I vlogged it, so I’ll upload a video about it within the next weeks
- While in Newcastle I watched The Martian, which is a GREAT movie and you should definitely see it because it’s hilarious. I’m slightly upset that no one ever recommended the book to me, but now I shall have to read it
- I watched the first four episodes of Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. It’s good so far!
- Gilmore Girls will be continued with four 90-minute episodes! It’s one of my go-to favorite shows, and I really didn’t expect it, so I’m thrilled-nervous-enthusiastic about this
I bought Carry On and The Rest of Us Just Live Here in England, because an already full suitcase is not an excuse not to buy books. I might have to move to England just because of Waterstones. Seriously, they have ALL the good books AND fun events AND authors actually come there. No, get your mind out of the gutter, that’s not what I meant. I rarely get my books from bookstores these days, because the English sections are pitiful here, but I can hardly complain about it, because… well, it kinda makes sense that German bookstores would store German books (say that ten times fast).
However when I do go to a bookstore in England and it has ALL THE BOOKS, it’s kind of hard to restrain myself. I only bought two books that were already on my wishlist AND they were a couple pounds off (what is it with new books already being on sale there when they come out?), so I basically SAVED money. I think. I already finished Carry On and liked it. I ususally do a quick this is what I think right after reading thing on Goodreads, but I’ll probably write up a proper review for the blog soon(ish).
I had no clue this was coming out until someone told me about it a few days before the release date, but obviously I had to get it. Being more aware of what books are coming out when since I started blogging is really hurting my bank account, guys. It’s a really nice hardcover edition though, so no complaints. I started reading, but I’m not very far in yet.
‘Round the Web
- The new Harry Potter play is a sequel to the books! I don’t even know what to say to this. It’s exciting, but sometimes series are better left alone when it feels like the story’s been told BUT NEW HARRY POTTER STUFF WHAT. I hope there will be a way for people who can’t just go to London to watch it. Because seriously, I could probably be convinced, but did I tell you about my hurting bank account?
- Completely unrelated to anything none pizza with left beef cannot NOT be shared here. I laugh every time I read the description of what the cook was thinking.
- YouTube introduced a a paid subscription service, which I feel ambiguous about
- Friendly reminder that the Shadowhunters tv show is going to be aired in three months. I was HOPING for a GOOD show, but instead it looks like it’s going to be a seriously trashy show. Obviously that won’t stop me from watching it.
On the Blog
- I reviewed Dan and Phil’s The Amazing Book Is Not On Fire
- I did Alyssa’s tea tag and spilled (not tea thankfully) all my book secrets
Tune of the Week
As always, I’m linking up with Stacking the Shelves, hosted by Tynga’s Reviews and the Sunday Post hosted by the Caffeinated Book Reviewer!