Remember when I said I probably got a job? It all worked out and I’m going there 1-2 times a week now. It’s pretty monotonous at the moment, but that might still change, and I could use the extra money, so I’m not going to complain
a lot. University is taking over my life right now, but I have a week off soon, so it’s all good. I also have a job interview for a radio internship coming up next week, so fingers crossed!
I spent the last three weeks running around, looking at apartments/rooms (not actually running though – don’t be ridiculous), but everything was either too expensive or not good enough or I didn’t get it, so I decided to eff it and stay here, because the search is taking away too much time from everything else. Probably. I’ll finish my bachelor’s, and then I might have to move for my Master’s anyway, so I’ll just deal with the roommate situation until then. If it annoys me too much, I can still start looking again.
I forbade myself to read any of my other books until I’ve read my university books, which is taking ages, because I don’t like them, so obviously this was the right time to get into audiobooks after all. Because that is totally different. And not cheating at all.
I’m finding it super hard to choose audiobooks, because what if it’s so good I want it on my shelf!? But of course I don’t want to listen to a BAD audiobook either. Apparently I’m just buying ALL the contemporary now, because I’m often on the fence about whether I’ll like it or not. Plus, it’s easier to follow the story when it’s not set in a complex fantasy world with 43.267 different settings and names. I bought We All Looked Up by Tommy Wallach and Simon vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli. I already listened to and liked the first one, and I’m looking forward to Simon because I’ve heard so much about the book already.
‘Round the Web
I have links this week, yay! Take a look at these lovely posts and spread some love.
- Shannon has a Guide to Epic Book Hoarding and a handy dandy quiz for you to find out whether you’re already there
- Cait talks about 10 Problems Being an Adult Reading YA and it’s hilarious (and sadly true)
- Alyssa talks about Chinese Culture and Mulan
I didn’t say I have A LOT of links… Moving on.
On the Blog
Unlike the last couple of times, I actually have blog links to share with you too!
- I told you Why Bambi is Actually a Horror Movie (1940s children’s movies script writers were sick, sick people)
- I finally read and reviewed Ready Player One, which was more dystopian than sci-fi in my opinion
- I rave about the perfection that is Modern Family on the newest TV Show Thursday
- I listened to We All Looked Up and enjoyed it despite all the teen angst