This week I…
- caught up on Teen Wolf and Suits (both awesomesauce)
- had a veeery minor skin surgery on my head that led to some stitches and self-indulgent reading time
- recorded but didn’t edit a new video
- talked to my teacher about a term paper subject and
- read The Rosie Project and a play for uni
I’m starting an internship at a small local radio station on Monday, so wish me luck! I’m going out with some friends later on, and then I’ll try to actually get term paper related stuff done tomorrow. I probably need more luck for that than for the internship. There’s just always something better to do, isn’t there? Also, my first blogoversary is coming up! I can’t believe it’s already been a year! I’m not sure whether I’ll do anything for it yet, but if you have any suggestions, let me know. :)
As a result of the surgery, my grandma bought me pity books, yay! I have a pile of books I haven’t read yet, but it’s mostly fantasy, classics and a historical fiction. I’ve been craving something lighter lately, so I got these two:
Well, actually I got Shopaholic to the Stars and not Mini Shopaholic, because it was a bookstore with a tiny English section and they only had that that one, but my grandma wanted to confiscate one book to give me for my birthday anyway, so I just ordered Mini Shopaholic myself as I haven’t read it yet. I don’t know about you, but I just can’t read books out of order. I already read the Rosie Project on Thursday, and I really liked it! I expected something different, but sometimes that’s not a bad thing.
‘Round the Web
Oh well, let’s see.
- Inge shares her book problems, and I can relate
- Shannon asks whether you could become the leader of a revolution and even prepared a handy quiz for you to find out (turns out I couldn’t, but who needs revolutions anyway hmph)
- John Green has some choice words on movie cast interviews, disrespecting actresses, and commodifying personhood to sell movie tickets
- Microsoft releases Windows 10 and brings back the start button (yay)
- Carmel shared a NY Times article on asexuality on twitter that I really liked
- Clark Gregg (Coulson in Avengers and Agents of SHIELD) started the next chapter of the HILARIOUS Dubsmash wars between Agents of SHIELD and Agent Carter. Seriously check it out; it’s the greatest thing since chocolate.
- Google rethought their policies and ends forced Google+ integration
- Giselle shares 6 ways to be a happier person
On the Blog
I have something this week! I’m so proud.
- I was reminded that some books are marketed towards only one gender, so let me know what you think of that