Bonjour mes amis blogtastique!
As you might be able to tell by my pretentious greetings, I spent last weekend in Paris! Due to the internship and work I don’t have any proper holidays this summer, so when my mum mentioned she was going to Paris for a weekend, I latched onto her like the
leech loving daughter I am. I had to venture out of the comforts of my home, but on the plus side, I saw some sights, learned some stuff and only almost got killed on the metro once. I did make a fool of myself trying to use the metro at first also, but at least I didn’t confuse French with Spanish this time, so I’m counting it as a success. I vlogged the whole thing, so take a look if you’re interested!
According to my blogoversary survey results at least half of you don’t know that I also have a YouTube channel, so clearly I need to get better at relentlessly shoving it in your face. Kidding, I’ll try not to, but my fingers might slip from time to time. Speaking of, I’m loving all your feedback (and demands for cake), so I’ll be discussing the results in a bit, but I figured I’d wait until next week to give more people the chance to fill it out. If you haven’t yet and you’d like to please feel free to head over there and let me know what you think!
In more concise news:
- I passed 100 Followers on Bloglovin’! I was trying to reach that goal by my blogoversary and I didn’t, but then it happened a couple of days later, so YAY. Now no one unfollow, or I’ll have to retract this statement.
laysat down to watch the first episode of Empire to see how I like it and ended up finishing the whole season within about twenty hours. Oops?
- I have SO MANY blog post ideas and way too little time, but prepare for more once the new semester starts, and I’ll
hopefullyhave more time!
- Did I mention I love audiobooks? It took me a bit to get into them, but they’re SO handy sometimes. I listened to The Immortal Crown by Richelle Mead and it was awesomesauce
ALL THE AUDIOBOOKS. Okay one, but I’m sure I forgot to tell you guys about some others. I’m organized.
As I loved Richelle Mead’s The Immortal Crown so much, I decided to finally finish her Bloodlines series as well. I read the first three books as ebooks (very uncommon for me), so it’s okay to listen to the last three as audiobooks, because I won’t have an unfinished series standing around. Also, the reader is the same as the one who read The Immortal Crown, and she’s doing an awesome job, so double jackpot. I don’t know about you guys, but my biggest struggle with audiobooks is that I don’t have the physical copies to admire on my shelf afterwards. I like to collect them, okay?
Maybe I’ll print out the covers and put them on cardboard boxes, so it’ll look like I have the books on my shelf. Okay, probably not.
‘Round the Web
- Alyssa claims she can guess what book titles you like
- Allie wonders why it’s so stigmatized to do things by yourself and I basically agree with every word she writes
- This Onion article about an author giving book promotion her all whether it’s just 3 people or a crowd of 9 people made me chuckle inside
- Karolina talks about finding time to blog
- Lola shares why she reads English books and coincidentally it was also Twilight that got her into it. Maybe I’ll write a post about it as well sometime. But I’ll probably forget about it, so don’t hold me to it.
On the Blog
- MY FIRST BLOGOVERSARY YAY. I stuck with something. My mum would be so proud. Or at least she’d tell me she’s proud if I told her to. We’re a loving family!
- Any fellow Suits fans out there? Haven’t they been killing it this season? I reviewed the mid-season finale, so come talk to me about it!